Bacon Brussels Sprouts are made with plant based bacon, garlic, balsamic vinegar and will prove in no time that Brussels sprouts can be so delicious. Serve this with Garlic Mashed Potatoes or Bangers and Mash for an amazing and delicious meal.
I tell you Brussels Sprouts are delicious when done right. Just see for yourself and take a look at Brussels Sprouts Salad.
This Bacon Brussels Sprouts recipe is no exception and will be a keeper that the whole family, even pickiest eaters, will enjoy.
Reasons to love Bacon Brussels sprouts
We prepare everything in a pan and oven to make the most amazing result, really flavorful and so easy to make
Versatile and almost great with anything.
The balsamic vinegar and added chili flakes make these Brussels sprouts over the top delicious.
What you need for this Bacon Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Brussels Sprouts are roosted in the oven to perfection for the most amazing texture.
Garlic and chili flakes add a lot of flavor add a little spicy note. Together with bacon in butter that makes this recipe really delicious and flavorful.
To counter any bitterness from the sprouts, we use brown sugar or any sweetener you like. I use brown sugar, because it has a wonderful flavor.
Non dairy butter goes at the end of the preparation to make an amazing an unforgettably flavor.
Olive oil is there to cook up the Brussels sprouts in the oven.
How to make Bacon Brussels Sprouts
Preheat oven to 425 F and set a 9×13 inch baking dish aside.
Prepare the Brussels sprouts by first removing any excess leaves and then cleaning them.
Transfer to a mixing bowl and add 4 Tbs of olive oil, garlic, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, chili flakes and a pinch of salt of pepper.
Mix well and then give the Brussels sprouts to the prepared baking dish. Bake them for around 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, add 2 Tbs of oil to a pan and fry the bacon until crunchy and delicious.
When the Brussels sprouts are done, remove them from the oven and add them to the pan with bacon.
Top with 1 Tbs of butter and cook for 2 minutes more.
Serve on plates or in bowls, enjoy.
Tips and tricks
Leftovers can be used for around 4 days and you can easily heat them up in the oven, stove or microwave.
For freezing: Let everything cool completely and add into freezer container or bags. Will be great for around 3 months.
If you ever made Brussels sprouts and wondered: Why are your Brussels sprouts mushy? And not crunchy? The answer is that you probably cooked them at a too low temperature. Bake them at over 400F, which is what we do in these Bacon Brussels Sprouts, you won’t experience that.
Please make sure not to use less oil than in my recipe directions. The oil is essential to get an amazing and wonderfully crispy result.
Other recipes to try
- 2 lbs Brussels Sprouts
- 6 Tbs olive oil, divided
- 7 oz plant based bacon
- 4 gloves garlic, pressed
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1 Tbs dairy free butter
- salt, pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F and set aside a 9x13 inch baking dish for roasting Brussels sprouts. Otherwise you will be fine to use a baking sheet.
- Clean your brussels sprouts, and remove any leaves.
- Into a large bowl, add 4 Tbs olive oil, Brussels sprouts, garlic, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, chili flakes and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Toss until combined, then transfer to the prepared baking dish and bake them for around 20 minutes.
- While the Brussels spouts are roasting, fry the bacon. To do that, heat 2 Tbs of olive oil in a large pan. Then fry bacon until crunchy and delicious.
- When the Brussels sprouts are done, transfer them to the pan with the bacon. Add 1 Tbs of butter and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Leftovers can be eaten for 4 days best. You can easily heat them up in the oven, stove or microwave.
- To freeze: Make sure everything cools completely. Add into freezer container or bags. You can freeze Bacon Brussels Sprouts for around 3 months.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1.5 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 359Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 330mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 15g