Creamy Tuscan Chicken is made with vegan chicken in an amazing creamy sauce, sun dried tomatoes and spinach. It is the ultimate comfort food that you can enjoy plain, with rice or Garlic Bread.
I make Tuscan Chicken Pasta all the time. It is one of my favorites that I could probably eat every day.
For the creamy sauce I use cream cheese and milk which I find is seriously the most delicious combo like I always do in my Creamy Mac and Cheese. But with this Tuscan Chicken recipe I want to do something different and use non dairy heavy cream. Also I use mustard and let me tell you the result is really amazing.
Flavor in each and every bite thanks to marinating the chicken covered in the sauce – so good.
What you need for this Creamy Tuscan Chicken Recipe
Chicken fillets and I use plant based ones, but you can do any chicken that you prefer.
Olive oil goes in our chicken marinade and for the cooking chicken. Along with garlic, onion, paprika powder, oregano.
This is a really tasty and delicious combination.
For the Tuscan sauce
Non dairy heavy cream, onions, garlic, sun dried tomatoes, spinach, mustard, dairy free parmesan, parsley and again olive oil.
Combined, it truly is the most delicious sauce.
Note that I prefer to grate the parmesan myself, so the cheese can easily dive into the creamy sauce.
How to make Creamy Tuscan Chicken
Mix 2 Tbs olive oil, garlic, onion powder, paprika, oregano and a pinch salt of pepper in a small jar. Transfer to a ziploc bag and add chicken filets.
Close the bag and give everything a good shake until it is well mixed.
Let the chicken marinade like this for 5 minutes more.
In a pan, heat 2 Tbs olive oil. When hot add the chicken fillets from Ziploc bag. Cook them for around 4 minutes, then remove. from pan
Make sauce and combine the Creamy Tuscan Chicken
Into the same pan (you have enough oil from cooking the chicken) add onions, garlic, sun dried tomatoes, mustard, heavy cream, parmesan. Mix well and bring to a simmer.
Stir in spinach and parsley. Add chicken back. Cook for 2 minutes more and serve.
Tips and tricks
Leftovers of the Creamy Tuscan Chicken are great for around 4 days.
Freezing can be done for around 3 months add in a airtight container.
Don’t discard any oil after cooking the chicken, because we use the oil for making the sauce.
You can warm up leftovers easily. First thaw completely and then reheat in the oven or microwave.
If your chicken filets are on the thicker side you can easily slice them in half so you can get the double amount from one.
Other recipes to try
For the chicken:
- 4 plant based chicken fillets
- 4 Tbs olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt, pepper to taste
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 5 oz vegan parmesan, grated
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1 cup non dairy heavy cream
- 1 handful spinach, chopped
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Salt, pepper to taste
- In a jar, mix 2 Tbs olive oil with garlic, onion powder, paprika, oregano and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Transfer marinade to a ziploc bag and add chicken filets. Close the bag and give everything a good shake until all is well mixed. Let sit for 5 minutes more.
- In a pan, heat 2 Tbs olive oil. When hot add chicken filets from Ziploc bags., and cook for 4 minutes, then remove from pan. Leave remaining oil in.
- Into the same pan add onions, garlic, sun dried tomatoes, mustard, heavy cream, parmesan. Mix well and bring to a simmer.
- Add spinach and parsley into the sauce, then chicken and parsley. Cook for 2 minutes more until done.
- Leftovers are amazing for around 4 days.
- Don't remove any oil from the pan from the cooking the chicken, because we make the sauce with the oil. No extra oil is needed.
- Freezing is good for around 3 months add in an airtight container.
- You can warm up leftovers easily. Always thaw completely and reheat in the oven or microwave.
- If you have thicker chicken: you can easily slice them in half so you can get the double amount from one fillet.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 fillet
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 696Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1081mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 46g