Caesar Dressing is rich, creamy and has all the flavors you love, but it is actually so easy to make at home. This Caesar salad dressing comes together fast and is so versatile. You won’t go back to store-bought after making homemade Caesar dressing. Top your salads or use it for wraps or sandwiches.
In my gusto you can make any salad delicious and it is all about the dressing.
Try and enjoy:
To make a Caesar salad you need lettuce, bread croutons and some parmesan like the Vegan Parmesan Cheese (3 ingredients, 1 min).
Then all you need to do is to pour the dressing over, done.
Reasons to make this Caesar Dressing
- Umami flavor: instead of anchovy paste or filets, I use soy sauce and miso paste for am amazing umami flavor. This is seriously so good, but of course if you like anchovies, you can absolutely do that.
- Versatile: for salads, wraps, sandwiches, burgers and even potatoes, like Steak Fries.
- Tastes like in a wonderful restaurant and comes together in 1 minute.
- Make easily a double batch and store for later use.
Caesar Dressing ingredients
Vegan mayo makes a wonderful creamy base. Rich, satisfying and just so delicious.
Umami flavor is what takes everything over the top and soy sauce and miso paste are ingredients which truly make the final result so unmistakably amazing.
I use fresh garlic for the Caesar Dressing but you can use garlic powder. Keep in mind powder is a bit more intense than garlic cloves so use a bit less.
Dijon mustard gives everything a tang which goes great with the other ingredients.
Dairy free parmesan cheese: you can use any parmesan that you like. For an amazing cheesy flavor.
How to make Caesar Dressing
Making this dressing is as easy as it gets.
Into a bowl add: mayo, mustard, garlic, soy sauce, miso, parmesan, water to thin and salt and pepper to taste. Whisk everything together, then use immediately or store for later.
How long can I store Caesar dressing?
You can store Caesar Dressing for 5 days with a lid on top in the fridge.
For an easy salad like the one you can see in my step by step pictures, I use romaine lettuce, bread croutons and parmesan. Pour as much dressing on top or mix with salad, enjoy.
Homemade Bread Croutons
You can use any bread croutons that you like. Store bought or make them from scratch in two versions:
For both, first cut bread into cubes. Into a bowl, add a bit olive oil, garlic and other seasoning that you like, definitely a pinch of salt of pepper.
Preheat your oven to 400F. Transfer the bread cubes evenly on a baking sheet prepared with parchment paper and bake for 10 minutes until golden and delicious.
To roast your bread croutons in a pan instead, heat a large pan. Wait until it is hot and then add bread croutons and cook them until amazing and delicious.
- 3/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/3 cup dairy free parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbs water
- salt, pepper to taste
- Use a large bowl and add mayo, mustard, garlic, soy sauce, miso, parmesan.
- Thin with water and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk everything together and use immediately or later. Store in the fridge to keep it fresh.
- Leftovers: store Caesar dressing for 5 days with a lid on top in the fridge.
- Quick idea for a Caesar Salad: see in my step by step pictures. I use romaine lettuce, bread croutons and parmesan. Pour as much dressing on top or mix with salad, enjoy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 246Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 550mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g