Meatball Bake made with ground beef (I use plant based), all covered in flavorful tomato sauce and baked to cheesy perfection. It is a keeper that the whole family will love in no time. Serve alone or over pasta for an amazing and satisfying meal.
Meatballs are the ultimate comfort food and really, really easy to make.
You can make them with bread crumbs or rice like I do in my Porcupine Meatballs.
What is truly better than meatballs? This Meatball Bake Recipe, because it has all the flavors that you love and know. But it is an update to any meatballs and is truly so delicious.
Reasons to love this Meatball Bake
Hearty, meaty comfort, flavors are spot on delicious.
Meatball Bake has all the great things from a casserole dish, but yet is so easy to make.
This is truly something that you can serve picky eaters and kids.
From start to finish only 30 minutes time invest for big flavors. You will love it only uses pantry staples that you have on hand.
What you need for this Meatball Bake Recipe
Ground beef and I use vegan, but you can use whatever you want and like. It really makes a great texture and taste.
Olive oil: any oil can be used, but olive oil is one of my favorites.
I can vouch we can never have enough garlic, because it adds so much deep and delicious flavor.
Breadcrumbs: I use panko breadcrumbs. These are crunchy, delicious and have a great function as binder in our meatballs.
Dairy free parmesan cheese and mozzarella: Yes I like to use them both, because the parmesan has so much flavor and the mozzarella is creamy, mild. Both provide amazing flavor in contrast to the other ingredients.
Parsley: I sprinkle some fresh parsley after baking over our meatball bake. It makes everything bright, fresh and even more yummy.
How to make Meatball Bake
Preheat oven to 410F and set a 8×11 inch casserole dish ready.
You will get 12 meatballs out of this.
Into a bowl combine ground beef, parmesan, breadcrumbs, garlic and a pinch salt and pepper. Roll inch size meatballs until everything is used.
In a pan, heat olive oil. When hot, cook meatballs for around 4 minutes through until cooked. Set aside.
To assemble, start with 1/4 cup tomato sauce on the bottom of your casserole dish. Distribute meatballs followed by 1/2 cup of the remaining tomato sauce.
Top with mozzarella and bake for around 15 minutes.
Serve Meatball Bake alone or over pasta.
Tips and tricks
Leftovers are amazing for 4 days. You can reheat them and enjoy whenever you want it.
To freeze Meatball Bake for 3 months, let it cool completely, then transfer it to a container or make individual portions in bags.
Instead of parsley you can use oregano, or basil.
If serving with pasta: linguini, penne are really great.
For a little bit of a spicy kick, you can add chili flakes or hot sauce.
Other recipes to try
- 1 lb vegan ground beef
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 3/4 cup dairy-free parmesan
- 2 Tbs parsley
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup dairy free mozzarella
- salt, pepper to taste
- Start by preheating the oven to 410F and set a 8x11 inch casserole dish ready.
- In a bowl, combine ground beef, parmesan, breadcrumbs, garlic and a pinch salt and pepper.
- Roll inch size meatballs until everything is used.
- In a pan heat olive oil. Wait until hot and cook meatballs for around 4 minutes through until cooked. Set aside.
- Add 1/4 cup tomato sauce to the bottom of your casserole dish. Add meatballs followed by 1/2 cup remaining tomato sauce.
- Top with mozzarella and bake for around 15 minutes.
- Leftovers are great to eat for 4 days. You can reheat them whenever you want it.
- For freezing for 3 months. Let cool completely, then put into a container or make individual portions in bags.
- You can use oregano, or basil.
- If serving with pasta: linguini, penne or any you like.
- For a bit of a spicy kick you can add chili flakes or hot sauce.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 3 meatballs
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 365Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 725mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 37g