Green Bean Salad made with lots of flavors from walnuts, cherry tomatoes, shallots and an amazing dressing that is bursting and sizzling with flavor. You can be sure this is what it takes to enjoy a salad in no time. This Green Bean Salad recipe is so exciting, it will be a keeper and favorite that everyone can’t get enough of.
For some it may not be rewarding to make a Green Bean Salad, because it often connects with a flavorless texture.
But let me tell you: this easy salad will make everyone make a happy dance, because it has 2 key factors that standout from other green bean salad recipes:
- textures and ingredients: crunchy, hearty, tasty and delicious. You won’t miss a thing and also can’t imagine how tasty the final result will be on your plate.
- dressing: this is what takes any boring salad to stardom and here you are it is no exception.
Reasons to love this Green Bean Salad
- Easy ingredients that are not hard to find and have maximum taste.
- Each and every component come together like in an amazing puzzle and will provide wonderful flavor.
- It is a beautiful salad with different colors and texture, so you can feed up your eyes any time.
- Also a great starting point as side dish. Serve up with: Marry Me Chicken, Lemon Pasta, or Steak Fries. It will pair great with almost everything.
What you need for Green Bean Salad recipe
Green beans: you can leave them whole or trim them. Steam, cook or blanch. Surely up to your preferences.
Walnuts provide a wonderful crunch and taste, really good.
Dairy free feta cheese and bacon bites: feta adds saltiness and bacon bites are naturally plant based. Unless it says real bacon bites on the package.
Shallots are milder than onions and therefore perfect in salads.
A great bit of juiciness comes from cherry tomatoes.
Dressing: I use lots and lots of tasty ingredients for the dressing: olive oil, along with Dijon mustard, sugar for sweetness, balsamic vinegar for acid. Finally crushed pepper and smoked paprika for even more taste.
How to make Green Bean Salad
In a small bowl combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, sugar, mustard, smoked paprika, chili flakes and a pinch salt and pepper. Mix and set a side.
Prepare green beans
Steam or cook your green beans trimmed or whole. Just make sure they have some bite left. You won’t a mushy texture.
Add other salad ingredients
To a bowl add bacon bites, green beans, shallots, feta, tomatoes, walnuts.
Finally, pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and mix.
Serve immediately or store for further use in the refrigerator.
Storing tips for green bean salad
Leftovers are great for 4 days.
You can also fill smaller or bigger portions and store them with a lid on top.
Another option is to double or triple the ingredients to make ahead for meal prep.
Other recipes to try and love
- 14 oz green beans
- 5 oz bacon bites
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 4 oz vegan feta
- 1/2 cup shallots, diced
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbs Balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- salt, pepper to taste
- To prepare the dressing:
Take a small bowl and add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, sugar, mustard, smoked paprika, chili flakes and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside until use.
- Make green beans:
Steam, or cook your green beans. Just make sure they have some bite. You won't a mushy texture.
- Add other salad ingredients:
Finally, in a bowl add bacon bites, green beans, shallots, feta, tomatoes, walnuts.
- Add in the dressing and mix.
- Serve immediately or store for further use in your fridge.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1.5 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 485Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 559mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 20g