Roasted Brussels Sprouts are made with simple ingredients that you have on hand. Big in flavors and really no effort for an amazing side, or dinner served with Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Salisbury Steak. There isn’t really any dish that does not fit well with this Roasted Brussels Sprouts recipe. It is a keeper that the whole family will come back to in no time. Even if you don’t like Brussels sprouts at all, I tell these are delicious and so tasty.
There a tons of recipes in the universe of the internet so this isn’t something that I innovate, but let me tell you after trying back and fourth I really found the right mix.
I use two ingredients which makes Brussels sprouts over the top amazing: brown sugar and soy sauce.
Reasons to love Roasted Brussels Sprouts
They are simply perfectly roasted and have just the most amazing amount of flavor.
This is a really versatile recipe that goes well with anything. Everything goes into the oven so it practically makes it itself.
All components from savory, umami and a little bit sweetness are so good.
What you need for this Roasted Brussels Sprouts recipe
Brussels sprouts: just clean, remove any leaves and you are ready to go.
Olive oil makes sure that our Brussels sprouts roast properly and I find it makes the texture really delicious and perfectly roasted.
Balsamic vinegar adds a lot of flavor and acidity. Makes the result a little bit more tasty and complex.
Soy sauce really adds an amazing umami flavor that goes so great with all the other ingredients.
Brown sugar: you can use any sweetener that you like and want. Really balances all the other savory flavors greatly.
Finally, red pepper flakes. They give a touch of spiciness which compliments everything really good.
How to make Roasted Brussels sprouts
Preheat oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Alternatively, use a 9×13 inch casserole dish.
Start with preparing Brussels sprouts: Wash and trim them, and if they are big, cut them into halves.
In a large bowl, combine Brussels sprouts with olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
Then, distribute them evenly on your baking sheet and bake them for around 20 minutes.
To make the glaze while the Brussels Sprouts are roasting in the oven, combine balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
After baking add Brussels sprouts to a bowl and mix with the glaze, combine.
Serve in bowls or on plates, enjoy.
Tips and tricks
Use a high oven temperature for roasting the vegetables. That is why I use 425F. It is a temperature that makes sure Brussels sprouts are perfectly roasted. A low temperature won’t make the same result.
Leftovers are good for around 4 days. You can reheat them in the oven for around 5 minutes at 380F or until desired result is reached.
The microwave can be used, but let me make this clear you will miss on an amazing texture.
Other recipes to try
- 2 lbs Brussels Sprouts, cleaned and trimmed
- 5 Tbs olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 Tbs Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbs soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt, pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F andline a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and trim the Brussels sprouts. If they are big, cut them into halves.
- In a bowl combine Brussels sprouts with olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Distribute evenly on your baking sheet and bake them for around 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- All what is left after baking add Brussels sprouts to a bowl and add glaze, combine. Serve on bowls or plates, enjoy.
- Use a high oven temperature for roasting any vegetable. That is why I use 425F. It is a temperature that makes sure Brussels sprouts are roasted perfectly and evenly.
- Leftovers are great for around 4 days. You can reheat them in the oven for around 5 minutes at 380F or until desired result is reached.
- The microwave can be used, but keep in mind you will miss on an amazing texture.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1.5 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 249Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 414mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 6gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g