These Animal Style Fries are super easy to make in no time. On a single sheet pan out of the oven, they taste amazing and beat any in-and-out animal fries in seconds. No one would ever guess it is vegan, fantastic like the real deal, and the whole family will love it. Even the pickiest kids will ask for more. An easy recipe that everyone can’t get enough of, comforting fast food.
- 2 heaping cups onions, diced
- 4 Tbs vegan butter or olive oil
- 26 oz fries
- 1.5 cups vegan cheese shreds
- 1 batch Satay Sauce in under 5 minutes, prepared
- Preheat your oven to 425°F. Prepare a sheet pan, with or without parchment paper (hint you might want to grease a bit your sheet pan with a bit oil, if not coated). Distribute all the fries on the sheet and season them with a pinch of salt and pepper. Bake them for around 20 minutes.
- While the fries are baking make the fried onions. Heat a small casserole or pot. Add vegan butter or oil, then the onions and fry for around 12 minutes until browned and golden. Set aside.
- When the fries are done, add caramelized onions, vegan cheese shreds and bake for around 5 minutes more.
- Last but not least, sprinkle some satay sauce over animal style fries and serve on plates, in bowls or enjoy straight from the sheet pan.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 360
- Sugar: 14.9 g
- Sodium: 131 mg
- Fat: 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 9.3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8.4 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 39.2 g
- Fiber: 3.8 g
- Protein: 10.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g
Keywords: Animal style fries, in-and-out copycat, vegan, vegetarian, comfort food