This new Broccoli Pesto Quinoa Salad is quick and easy, made with just 5 ingredients. Totally vegan, gluten free and both healthy and delicious. A perfect dish for work lunch, quick dinner, or just an enjoyable after-workout snack.
- 3/4 cup quinoa uncooked
- 1 batch Avocado Pesto Pasta Sauce with 2 extra cloves of garlic
- 1 broccoli, cut into small florets, cooked or steamed
- 2 cups basil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halve sliced
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1/4 cup lightly roasted pine nuts (optional)
- Cook the quinoa according to the manufacturer’s directions. While it’s cooking, let’s make the dairy free pesto. Combine all the ingredients including the optional nutritional yeast in your blender or food processor. Hold 1/2 of the broccoli back for the salad. Process the rest until smooth.
- When the quinoa is done, assemble the salad. After that just mix all things together, garnish optional with 1/4 cup roasted pine nuts, enjoy straight or chill for later.