These Dauphinoise Potatoes are the ultimate comfort food for everyone. Easy to make with simple ingredients, perfect for any family lunch or dinner, and amazing for holidays. These potatoes also reheat beautifully, making them a staple for meal prep, too. No one would ever taste these are entirely vegan, so seriously a great option if you don’t do dairy.
- 4 lbs potatoes, thinly sliced
- 3 cups oat cuisine (or full fat coconut milk)
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 Tbs vegan butter
- 2 Tbs vegetable broth powder
- 1 batch Vegan Parmesan Cheese (3 ingredients, 1 min)
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese, grated
- salt, pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F and set a 8×11 casserole, greased with vegan butter, aside.
- First wash and peel your potatoes, then cut them into really thin slices (around a tenth of an inch, or 3 mm).
- Take a large mixing bowl and add oat cuisine, garlic, and vegetable broth powder to it. Season with salt, pepper and 2 Tbs of the vegan Parmesan and cheese each. Mix well, then add potato slices and combine everything.
- Fill the mix in the casserole in three to four batches. Each time give a bit of the vegan cheeses between the batches. Don’t top the last layer with them though just yet.
- Bake for 1 hour then test potatoes with a wooden pick. Add the reserved vegan Parmesan and vegan cheese on top and bake for 15 minutes more, finally serve on plates.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 450
- Sugar: 4.1 g
- Sodium: 144 mg
- Fat: 22 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.8 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 16.3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 50.5 g
- Fiber: 5.3 g
- Protein: 10.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g
Keywords: vegan, vegetarian, potato recipes, potatoes au gratin, holiday food, Christmas