This Manicotti Recipe is out of this world delicious and so easy to make for family meal ideas. Kid approved this is a comfort food that the whole family will enjoy in no time again and again. Filled with a vegan ricotta mushroom mix, be prepared to fall in love.
- 1/2 cup onions
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 batch vegan ricotta from my Vegan Ricotta Zucchini Casserole, prepared
- 8 Manicotti shells (I used gluten free)
- 1 15 oz tomato sauce
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1 batch Vegan Parmesan Cheese (3 ingredients, 1 min), prepared
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- While you pre-cook your shells, prepare the filling. In a pan heat a bit of oil, or vegetable broth, and add garlic and onions. Fry this mix for around 3 minutes, then add optional mushrooms before frying for 2 minutes longer.
- Also the last minute add optional spinach to that pan. Take it from the stove and mix everything in the pan with the vegan ricotta and half of the prepared vegan Parmesan. Reserve the rest for the topping, and season with salt and pepper.
- Set all aside, and preheat oven to 415°F. You will need a 8×11 inch casserole dish. Start with a layer of tomato sauce, so the bottom of your baking dish is covered.
- Now use the Manicotti filling and give about 3 tsp into the noodles. Place them in the oven dish, repeat that until all shells are stuffed. Give the rest of the filling on top, cover everything with the remaining marinara and the reserved vegan Parmesan.
- Bake all for 30 minutes, then divide on to plates.
- Serving Size: 2 shells
- Calories: 324
- Sugar: 7.5 g
- Sodium: 63 mg
- Fat: 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.7 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 40.2 g
- Fiber: 3.5 g
- Protein: 16.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g
Keywords: Manicotti, pasta casserole, meal prep, family lunch, vegan, vegetarian