This Paprikash is the ultimate comfort food that comes together in under 20 minutes, is vegan, made with simple ingredients and so satisfying. Serve it plain, over pasta or rice and you know it is a keeper. Even pickiest kids or hubbies will want a second plate in no time.
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp vegan butter
- 1.5 cups vegan chicken pieces
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp vegan sour cream
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- salt, pepper to taste
- In a skillet or casserole, heat vegan butter until melted. Add vegan chicken, season with smoked paprika and fry for around 5 minutes. Take out about 1/3 cup for serving.
- Now add the diced onions, garlic and bell pepper to the remaining vegan chicken and fry for around 3 minutes.
- Finally add diced tomatoes, vegan sour cream, and season with salt and pepper. Reduce to medium heat and let simmer for an extra 3 minutes. Serve garnished with the reserved vegan chicken.
- Serving Size: 2.5 cups
- Calories: 480
- Sugar: 1.4 g
- Sodium: 344 mg
- Fat: 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6.5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.6 g
- Fiber: 1.2 g
- Protein: 80.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g
Keywords: vegan, vegetarian, lunch, dinner, meal prep