These Potato Cakes are easy to make with pantry staples you have on hand, taste amazing, and are packed with spices like garlic and smoked paprika. Eggfree and vegan, they hold together perfectly. An easy meal for the whole family, and a staple that even kids will love from the first bite.
- 2 lbs potatoes
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- mixed spices (I used 2 tbs garlic powder + 3 cloves of minced garlic, 2 Tbs onion powder + 1 shredded onion, 1 Tbs smoked paprika, 2 Tbs nutritional yeast)
- 1 cup flour (use gf if needed)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- oil for frying (depends on your pan)
- salt, pepper to taste
- Shred the potatoes and the onion and set both aside. Use a grater or your food processor for this step.
- In a bowl combine vegan mayo, seasoning mix (smoked paprika, shredded onions, onion powder, garlic powder, minced garlic), flour, and baking powder. Season everything with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Use a spatula or just your hands to form a dough.
- Add the potatoes to the dough and mix well. The liquid from the potatoes should soften the dough and you get a well combined mix as in the pictures. If it is too dry, add a bit more vegan mayo.
- Finally, heat oil in a pan and use 2 Tbs of the potato dough mix for one cake. Fry each side for around 3 minutes then flip, serve warm and devour.
- Serving Size: 1 cake
- Calories: 123
- Sugar: 1.2 g
- Sodium: 33 mg
- Fat: 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.9 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 20.3 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 2.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g
Keywords: vegan potato cakes, vegetaran, lunch, dinner, potato recipes