Time for another easy pumpkin recipe here on Contentedness Cooking. After the pumpkin cannelloni – my first pumpkin recipe – let’s expand the collection with a new fall recipe: Pumpkin Pizza. Everyone loves a good homemade pizza, no surprise. When it comes to pizza recipes, I’ve already done it before with some vegan pizza recipes like my All-Star Vegan Pizza, Vegan Pepperoni Pizza, or my Butternut Squash Pizza.
I can truly say it’s my first time ever I get my hands on a homemade cranberry sauce. Nothing new but this Cranberry sauce for itself is such a highlight.
Not only for my pizza recipe, but because it is so versatile to use you can put it also on your salads, desserts, cakes and more. For my cranberry sauce you need only 3 ingredients : maple syrup, cranberries and orange juice.
Cranberries have plenty of health benefits, being packed with vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidants. You see, I try to make sure that you nourish your body from the inside out with my recipes.
Which became so clear recently in my Cauliflower Tacos recipe, where from one of my friend’s experience shows that if you try to change your nutrition in small changes you can reach a holistic healthy you.
For the Cranberry Sauce, all you have to do is put all the ingredients in a sauce pan, cook over medium heat and let the sauce thicken – pretty easy recipe, right?
This sauce tastes rich, fruity and naturally delicious so much better than store-bought stuff which contains a lot of sugar and preservatives. The beauty is with my recipe you keep it really simple – which is to your taste I guess If you need a clean eating recipe.
To the Pumpkin Pizza: I’m pretty sure this will be your first but not last attempt at doing is. It is such an comfort food recipe: creamy, rich, satisfying, crunchy and mouthwatering.
You’re thinking if you look at the ingredients list for this Pumpkin Pizza: “That’s all I need?!” Yes! You do not need so many ingredients to preparing a satisfying and finger-licking recipe. This Pizza is so good: put a creamy Pumpkin puree on Pizza dough (your favorite or my recipe) and add onions and nutty crunches of pumpkin seeds. And finally, of course, garnish with the fresh cranberry sauce.Print
Time for another easy pumpkin recipe here on Contentedness Cooking. After the pumpkin cannelloni – my first pumpkin recipe – let’s expand the collection with a new fall recipe: Pumpkin Pizza. Everyone loves a good homemade pizza, no surprise.
For the cranberry sauce
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 4 oz (120 g) fresh cranberries
- 4 Tbs organic Maple Syrup
For the Pizza:
- 15 oz (400g) organic pumpkin puree
- pumpkin seeds
- your favorite vegan+gf pizza crust
To make the cranberry sauce:
- Mix cranberries, maple syrup, and orange juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 15-20 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- If you prefer it smooth, let cool and process in a blender.
To make the Pizza:
- Preheat oven to 390°F/200°C.
- Prepare the pizza dough and bring it into form.
- Season the pumpkin purree with salt and pepper and spread over the pizza.
- Cut onion in rings and add to the pizza along with pumpkin seeds.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes. Top with cranberry sauce and enjoy.