This Tetrazzini is made with simple ingredients, is packed with fantastic flavors, vegan, and the ultimate comfort food that even pickiest kids or hubbies will love. It is an amazing pasta recipe that is perfect for any party, for family meals, no matter if lunch or dinner. Thanks to easy freezing, it is also ideal for meal prep, if you need ideas for work or school lunches.
- 4 cups cooked linguini or spaghetti (use gf, if needed)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1 batch Vegan Parmesan Cheese (3 ingredients, 1 min)
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup vegan mozzarella, shredded
- 1/3 cup flour (use gf, if needed)
- 3 Tbsp vegan butter
- 3 cups almond milk
- 1 Tbsp nutmeg , grated
- salt, pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and prepare a 10 inch diameter casserole. Grease it with a bit of olive oil or vegan butter.
- Heat a skillet with olive oil. Add the onion, garlic, and mushrooms, then fry for around 4 minutes. After that, add vegan chicken cubes and fry for 5 minutes more. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Melt vegan butter in a casserole or pot. For making a white sauce, stir flour into the butter. Add the almond milk slowly, while stirring, until the sauce thickens. Seasoned with nutmeg, salt and pepper. Then add half of the vegan parmesan and set aside.
- Mix the cooked or leftover pasta with white sauce and the mushroom mix in a large bowl. Transfer it to the prepared casserole dish, top with vegan mozzarella and remaining vegan Parmesan.
- Give the Tetrazzini into the oven and bake it for about 25 minutes until the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and let the casserole cool down for at least 5 minutes before serving it on plates or in bowls.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 642
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 743 mg
- Fat: 22 g
- Saturated Fat: 10 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 68 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 32 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g
Keywords: Tetrazzini, linguine, spaghetti, vegan, vegetarian, lunch, dinner, meal prep, family meals, work lunch ideas