Vegan Cheese Quesadillas are live and it’s time to jump on the Mexican food train – with just 6 ingredients, 3 easy steps and of course gluten free.
For the Vegan Cheese
- 1 can corn
- 4 tbs nutritional yeast
- 5 cloves garlic
- salt, pepper
For the quesadillas
- 1–2 smashed avocado
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- your favorite tortillas (I used gluten free flour tortillas)
- optional chill powder for a bit more heat
Prepare the Vegan Cheese:
- Combine corn, garlic, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper to taste in the bowl of a blender or food processor. rocess until the mixture is well combined. Don’t over-process or it will end up too smooth.
Make the Quesadillas:
- Put smashed avocado on your favorite tortilla. Add cherry tomatoes, cut in halves. Top all of it with a real good amount of the vegan cheese. If you like, add a bit more heat with the optional chill powder. Finish with the second tortilla.
- Cut the quesadilla into triangles, brush them with a bit oil if needed. Bake at 400°F on a baking sheet with parchment paper for around 15 minutes until crispy and golden.