Get excited for a finger-licking good Vegan Philly Cheese Steak sandwich. With hearty marinated eggplant, tasty sauteed onions and mushrooms, and fresh green pepper, this is also gluten free, 100% plant based, and so super easy to make.
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cut into stripes
- 1 cup of my Buffalo Homemade BBQ Sauce or your favorite store-bought
- 2 Tbs olive or sunflower or canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and pressed
- salt, pepper to taste
For the Vegan Cheese:
- 1 batch 3 Ingredient Vegan Cheese Sauce + add 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 batch Maple Mustard Sauce from the Vegan Lentil Burger
Optional add ons:
- Fried bell pepper stripes, onions and mushrooms, more hot sauce to serve.
- Start with mixing BBQ Sauce, the hot sauce (optional), and garlic. Combine well with eggplant slices in a bowl, season with salt and pepper. Let sit to marinate for around 10 minutes.
- While the eggplant is marinating, make the cheese. Simply combine all the ingredients in the bowl of a blender. Add the nutritional yeast and blend until really smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- After marinating the eggplant stripes, heat oil in a pan und fry them for around 15 minutes. Use medium heat, and stir regularly.
- To assemble your sandwich, start with some vegan cheese on your favorite bread, followed by eggplant, finishing with some sauce again.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 404
- Sugar: 20
- Sodium: 870
- Fat: 19
- Saturated Fat: 4
- Unsaturated Fat: 6.6
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 46.5
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 7.4