This new vegan lasagna recipe is for all of you who like easy recipes. My Vegetable Lasagna makes great use of last week’s Vegan Cheese Sauce – a sauce so easy and versatile that only half a day later, fans already made a vegan Mac’n’Cheese with it that blew them away.
And posted it on instagram. Yeah, I love how creative you all are! 🙂 This Vegetable Lasagna Recipe is comforting, satisfying, filling, rich, cheesy and a delicious family and kids recipe for sure. Kids and skeptical meat eaters lovers will adore the cheesy flavor.
So today, it’s my turn to be extra creative again. Which I happily try to do. You guys know that I like to keep my mind open to trying out new things. And something I always, always loved to eat was a lasagna. After I had already inspired my fans to make Mac’n’Cheese with my new sauce, I had to try something different.
So why not a Vegetable Lasagna? And with Vegetable Lasagna, I mean not only a lasagna recipe in which I make a vegetable sauce between layers of pasta. I wanted it to be veggie-only, so I decided to go with double-layers of eggplant and zucchini slices to substitute for pasta.
I really recently learnt to love kale starting with my Kale Pesto and the Kale Pasta Casserole or later the Sweet Potato Soup with Kale. So this time it comes as no surprise that the Vegetable Lasagna is also a new kale recipe. Feel free to use chard or spinach if kale isn’t your match.
This easy recipe you can make ahead the night before or you can whip it up in minutes. All to do is to roast and sauté the vegetables and prepare this vegan cheese recipe. All is left is to assemble the Vegetable Lasagna:
Start with a bit of tomato sauce that covers the bottom of your baking dish. Add layers of the eggplant and zucchini, the veggie mixture, and cheese sauce. Repeat the same once again and then top off with tomato sauce and breadcrumbs. That’s all.
Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until to top is golden and crunchy – and the Vegetable Lasagna is ready for you to enjoy!Print
This new vegan lasagna recipe is for all of you who like easy recipes. My Vegetable Lasagna makes great use of last week’s Vegan Cheese Sauce – a sauce so easy and versatile that only half a day later, fans already made a vegan Mac’n’Cheese with it that blew them away. And posted it on instagram. Yeah, I love how creative you all are! 🙂
- 3.5 cup (100 g) kale chopped or other greens like spinach or chard
- 1 eggplant
- 1 zucchini
- 15 oz (400 ml) tomato sauce
- 8 oz (250 g) mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 1 batch of my Vegan Cheese Sauce
- bread crumbs (gluten free)
- Preheat oven to 390°F/200°C.
- Wash the zucchini and eggplant. Cut both in thin slices and distribute on a baking sheet prepared with parchment paper. Slightly season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, wash and chop the mushrooms and onion. Heat a tsp oil in a sauce pan and sauté both for 5 minutes. Add chopped kale and cook for a moment until it beings to wilt.
- To assemble the lasagna, start with tomato sauce, add half of zucchini, eggplant, then the mushroom-onion-kale mix. Top with half of the vegan cheese sauce. Repeat the same once and finally top off with a last layer of tomato sauce and the breadcrumbs.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 more minutes.