This Whole Roasted Cauliflower is flavorful and spicy thanks to a marinade based on Buffalo sauce. An easy vegan everyday recipe that is good as a main or side dish, versatile and perfect for weekday lunches and dinners. An excellent meal prep option, this Buffalo Whole Roasted Cauliflower can be made in advance and reheats beautifully.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, washed and trimmed
- Buffalo seasoning (I used 2 tbs cumin, 2 tbs smoked paprika, 2 tbs garlic, 1 tbs chili powder mild)
- 1/2 cup Buffalo Sauce, prepared (your favorite)
- 3 oz vegan butter
- salt, pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and prepare a casserole dish into which the whole cauliflower can placed easily or line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the stalks from your cauliflower and wash the the head. Let it dry well.
- Meanwhile heat a small pot and melt the vegan butter. Add Buffalo seasoning (simply combine all the spices) and sauce to the melted butter. Mix with a spatula or wire whisk until smooth.
- Put the cauliflower head upside down into the casserole dish or on the baking sheet. Pour half of the marinade from the pot into the cauliflower and shake it a bit around. Flip the head and use a pastry brush to cover the outside of the whole cauliflower with what remains in the pot. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Place the casserole or prepared baking sheet in the oven and bake for around 60 minutes.
- After baking serve on plates and enjoy. If you have leftover buffalo sauce, use it as extra dipping sauce for this whole roasted cauliflower.
- Serving Size: 1/4 head
- Calories: 125
- Sugar: 3.3 g
- Sodium: 206 mg
- Fat: 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7.2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.3 g
- Fiber: 3.3 g
- Protein: 2.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g
Keywords: Buffalo Cauliflower, Roaster cauliflower, vegan lunch, vegan dinner, meal prep